By the time that you already have a baby, you need to have something that will carry out diapers for the baby. It’s always the best option for anyone to get their own backpack diaper bags for a more natural organization, that is why you should be able to know what the best backpack diaper bags for anybody who is always on the go.
But what are the things that you need to consider first before you can tell that a diaper bag stands out among the rest? Well, you should be able to look for the best when it comes to comfortability, mobility, durability, weight, capacity, and many more other features.
You can come up with a lightweight backpack diaper bag with a fully adjustable harness and straps, while you can also consider those with a bunch of pockets for keeping and storing your things. If you are someone who wants a fashionable and stylistic bag, that is not a big problem as many brands offer models with aesthetics that also comes with good quality.
Top 10 Best Backpack Diaper Bags
1. HaloVa – Multi-Function Best Baby Backpack Diaper Bag
The HaloVa Multi-Function Diaper Backpack is the best backpack diaper bag for almost all situations. Well, you do not need to get different and multiple diaper bags for different situations anymore. The HaloVa Multi-Function Diaper Backpack is a convertible backpack diaper bag that keeps you ready for any sudden situations, and it saves you a lot of money from buying multiple diaper bags.
It really sounds good, right? But wait, there is more. From being a convertible backpack diaper bag that can be carried on your back and can be held conventionally, the HaloVa Multi-Function Diaper Backpack was also a backpack diaper bag that is stylistic enough to bring you a fashionable look without throwing away its excellent functionality.
It has an access opening that can be opened through a zipper, this opening will allow anyone to easily access anything at the bottom of the backpack without doing a lot of work digging from the top. Plus, you do not need to worry about cleaning this bag as it was made out of a waterproof exterior. There is also an inclusive insulated compartment for keeping baby bottles. And if you also want to separate dirty or wet clothes from those that are clean, the pockets of HaloVa Diaper Backpack are also water-resistant.
- Can be easily cleaned by just wiping its exterior
- It was very stylistic
- Its functionality is not dumped despite its stylistic looks
- The main compartment has multiple access
- The backpack is not unisex
- There were no dedicated stroller straps
- You still need to buy a changing pad
2. Bag Nation – Diaper Backpack Review
This is one of the best and most organized backpack diaper bags that you can find in the market. A bag that can fit everything that you need with your baby. It has a bunch of pockets that come into different sizes that are very helpful and essential in avoiding a messy bag interior.
So, if you are going to look for a certain thing that you need, you will be able to find it easily because you put it into a designated pocket or compartment. It actually has fourteen different pockets that also come into various sites dedicated to everything that your baby needs. The pockets of this backpack diaper bag can also help you to separate dirty diapers from clean diapers and used clothes from clean clothes. Aside from its very organized motif, it can also help you to maintain the hygiene of your baby.
Another good thing about the Bag Nation Diaper Backpack is its inclusive sundry bag and changing pad, it also comes with a compartment that has insulation feature that will help you to keep your baby’s bottles crisp and clean. That does not end with just that features, its exterior is water-resistant, and its shoulder straps are cushioned with comfortable pads. The Bag Nation Diaper Backpack has everything that you needed.
- Unisex design
- Bunch of pockets for better organization
- It comes with fully adjustable straps dedicated for strollers
- Can still be used for toddlers and bit older kids
- It was more expensive compared to other models of diaper bags
3. HapTim – Travel Backpack Diaper Bag Review
If you are actually looking for the best backpack diaper bag that was intended for traveling, the HapTim Travel Backpack Diaper Bag is made to end your search. Given that you have a lot of things to think and worry about when you are going to go for a travel, a travel backpack diaper bag must be something that you should not worry about. The HapTim Travel Backpack Diaper Bag is like a backpack that was good enough to carry on everything that you need for your baby while being small enough for a carry-on when boarding a plane.
The HapTim Travel Backpack Diaper Bag comes with seventeen different pockets that include a dedicated baby wipes dispenser. If you are going to look for other backpack diaper bags in the market, HapTim Travel Backpack Diaper Bag might be the biggest among them. You can use all of its pockets to help you organize all your things.
Plus, it also brings a quite exceptional comfortability for anyone who will decide to carry the backpack thanks to its well-cushioned padded shoulder straps that was made for traveling. It also comes with a waterproof exterior that will help you keep everything inside the bag in good condition and safe. Not to mention its changing mat for any off chance of sudden diaper change, and its insulated compartment for keeping all the bottles clean and fresh for your baby.
- It was stylish yet very exceptional when it comes to functionality
- Has seventeen different pockets for better organization of its content
- It was built with a very durable garment-quality nylon build for outdoor traveling
- There was only one color and design for this model
- The insulated compartment is very accessible
4. ECOSUSI – Fully-Opened Diaper Backpack
If you are currently in search of a good backpack diaper bag that will satisfy the needs of twin babies, the ECOSUSI Fully-Opened Diaper Backpack is the right thing for you. No need to worry anymore for the double trouble brought to you by your twin babies because the ECOSUSI Fully-Opened Diaper Backpack is made to aid parents who think that twin babies require doubling your work.
We know that you literally need a doubled space for two individuals that usually need doubled attention and baby gears. In this kind of situation, you better choose a backpack diaper bag that will guarantee to carry all your things that both of your babies need without compressing everything inside.
The ECOSUSI Fully-Opened Diaper Backpack can help you when both of your hands are already full because it understands that you don’t have an extra one to dig all throughout the contents of your bag. The ECOSUSI Fully-Opened Diaper Backpack has a zipped opening that can be fully opened to let you easily access your belongings inside.
Unlike other backpack diaper bags that have only one insulated compartment, the ECOSUSI Fully-Opened Diaper Backpack has a tandem insulated compartments dedicated for both of the baby’s milk bottles. There was even a secret pocket on its back that is very good for keeping your smartphone and wallet safe. Well, you do not need to bring a purse anymore that adds up to your overall load.
- It has a very cute design
- It has the main compartment zip that makes the bag opens completely for easier access on its content
- It has a secret pocket that was really good for keeping your phone and wallet safe
- The design is not unisex
- There are only a few pockets inside
5. Cateep – Smart Organizer Waterproof Diaper Backpack
If your babies are more comfortable in using cloth diapers or if you prefer them, the Cateep Smart Organizer Waterproof Diaper Backpack will standout among other backpack diaper bags. If your babies tend to utilize cloth diapers, you usually bring soiled cloth diapers home.
You do not need to worry about it anymore because the Cateep Smart Organizer Waterproof Diaper Backpack has waterproof pockets and a wet bag aside from the tote alone. There was also a bigger space that was really made for cloth diapers, which also consume more space than disposable diapers. There is no time to waste anymore. If you are a cloth diapering parent, then you should quickly get your own Cateep Smart Organizer Waterproof Diaper Backpack with you right away.
When your babies use cloth diapers, you should always be aware of cleaning the bag that you put them into. Still, when it comes to Cateep Smart Organizer Waterproof Diaper Backpack, you do not need to worry anymore for any contamination that may build up. The Cateep Smart Organizer Waterproof Diaper Backpack has a couple of antimicrobial pockets with a water-resistant feature. This will help you secure the other belongings inside your bag. There was also a big compartment inside that spares a lot of space for clean cloth diapers and a changing pad.
- It has sixteen pockets for easier organization
- It was equipped with magnetic buckles for even quicker access
- Multiple insulated pouches dedicated for bottles
- It includes a changing pad and a couple of stroller straps
- It was heavier than usual diaper bags weighing two pounds
- Its main compartment has a lesser organization
6. Sleeping Lamb – Waterproof Diaper Backpack
The Sleeping Lamb Waterproof Diaper Backpack is an excellent choice for anyone who wants a long-lasting backpack diaper bag, what I am saying is that this is suitable for you if you still see yourself to take care of another baby in the future.
The Sleeping Lamb Waterproof Diaper Backpack is a versatile and durable diaper bag that can still be considered as an all-around bag. It was also a gender-neutral bag with a straightforward design yet exceptional function. It doesn’t matter if a man or a woman use the bag because there are no very overt distinguishing design, so you and your partner will have no problem carrying it at your back.
There was even a laptop compartment for anyone who needs their laptop with them accompanied by two water-resistant pockets for soiled diapers. Not to mention additional fourteen more pockets for easier organization of your things.
- It is water resistant
- Has a very simple unisex design
- Has a total of sixteen organizational pockets
- It comes with stroller straps and changing pad
- It was heavy
- There are only a few color selections
7. JuJuBe Be Right Back – Baby Backpack Diaper Bag
We are all aware that a life with a baby is not the same as before, knowing that is was quite messier. But keeping yourself and things clean can be a choice. The JuJuBe Be Right Back Backpack is a great companion to stay neat and organized. It was very easy to clean, it has quite enough space for all your things, and it was very good looking.
The JuJuBe Be Right Back Backpack can be machine washed because it was mainly built with polyester. So, it was still fine for the diaper bag to be spilled with coffee or any other dirt because, with just a single throw-in, the machine will initially clean it. Not to mention how the fabric was treated to achieve cleanliness. Teflon was used for its exterior to make it resist any stain, while Agion was applied and treated inside to eradicate bacteria build-ups.
The JuJuBe Be Right Back Backpack was also made to provide comfort for almost everyone with its well-cushioned shoulder straps and a changing pad that was made with memory foam, all of that comes with a lifetime warranty. A very great choice for any of the parents out there who always want to bring every necessary thing with them to make their babies clean and away from any harmful effects of bacteria.
- The fabric was made to prevent bacteria build up
- It was very easy to clean
- It comes with a great shoulder strap and a changing pad made of memory foam
- The main compartment only has two pockets
8. KiddyCare – Diaper Bag Backpack Review
Many people consider the KiddyCare Diaper Bag Backpack as the best backpack diaper bag for carrying bottles for the baby. We all know that keeping the milk of your babies is a very important task for parents. We also understand that you always want the best when it comes to keeping and storing their milk, that is why we bring you the KiddyCare Diaper Bag Backpack that stands out in transporting milk. You do not need to worry about the bottles containing milk if you keep them inside the KiddyCare Diaper Bag Backpack, not to mention that you can store more bottles inside compared to other backpack diaper bags.
You can completely keep and organize the milk bottles and other things inside the KiddyCare Diaper Bag Backpack with any of its fifteen compartments. The milk bottles can also be kept fresh and cool for a long time with the three insulated pockets inside. It doesn’t matter anymore if you are going for a long trip because this backpack diaper back will keep the bottles at a very safe temperature so that your child can enjoy them later.
The KiddyCare Diaper Bag Backpack features a very fashionable layout, spacious interior, and a couple of padded shoulder straps for your own comfort. There was also a button to let you lock the handles on any stroller conveniently. It was a great performing diaper bag for any parent who wants a versatile and comfortable diaper bag.
- More insulated pockets in keeping milk bottles cool and fresh
- 15 pockets for more organized storage
- Handy button dedicated for hanging the bag on any stroller
- Non-standard bottles might not easily fit on the insulated pockets
9. Skip Hop – Diaper Bag Backpack
If you are searching for a backpack diaper bag that fits perfectly when paired to a stroller, the Skip Hop Diaper Bag Backpack might be the best for you in this rundown. If you consider walking as the easiest way of transportation in your neighborhood, this backpack diaper bag is a good choice for anyone who was living in a bustling area. Well, it is much more convenient for you to carry on the diaper bag while attaching it to the stroller. The Skip Hop Diaper Bag Backpack was actually made for people who enjoy walking their babies in the park while pushing their strollers around.
The Skip Hop Diaper Bag Backpack can be easily attached to any stroller with just a click of its buckles. Another good thing about this backpack diaper bag that many people loved is its well-cushioned straps that were very comfortable. Other backpack diaper bags might have shoulder straps, but they are not comfortable and soft compared to those in the Skip Hop Diaper Bag Backpack.
The straps of other regular diaper bags sometimes are difficult to attach to a stroller, and that stresses out anyone who was in a rush. You might want to ask me if it was still good to carry the bag on your back? Well, it was still comfortable at all, and you don’t need to worry about the straps as they will not turn weak when hanged or attached frequently into any stroller.
- The straps can be attached on any strollers easily and conveniently
- It has a quick-held top handle and spacious storage
- Its parent-pouch is too small to carry a lot of things
10. Parker – Baby Diaper Backpack
If you prefer a fashionable backpack as a diaper bag for your baby, the Parker Baby Diaper Backpack is a good choice for you. Imagine a bag that comes with a luxurious appearance and great functionality. It will not make you look stylish, but it will let you have a diaper bag that was rich in features.
The Parker Baby Diaper Backpack is made to be durable to bring long time use for anyone who prefers to buy it. It also has multiple compartments for storing many things and for better organization. Its exterior is covered with a waterproof canvas that comes with a leather accent design. Its interior is even of polyester that has a water-resisting feature, which helps protect the bag from any spill and mess inside.
You do not need to worry about all the things you need like bottles, diapers, wallets, gadgets, and other things that can easily fit inside its compartment. There is also a changing pad with a water resistance feature and a stroller strap that was strong enough to maintain the bag’s attachment on the stroller.
- It is made of high quality and durable materials
- Multiple compartments for storing your essentials
- Strong straps that can be attached on any stroller
- Using the bag too much is not appropriate on its build
Most Common Questions Answered (FAQs)
Q: Do I really need a backpack diaper bag? Can’t I use a regular backpack instead?
A: This really depends on you. But our answer? Yes. If your kid is still dependent on milk bottles and diapers, then a diaper bag will prove useful.
Sure, you can use an ordinary regular backpack. However, there are just some useful features that a diaper bag can offer you.
For one, most diaper bags in the market today offer plenty of pockets, more than the ordinary backpacks have. These additional pockets make it easier for you to organize baby necessities.
With babies, things can get messy and dirty real. Diaper bags are a great solution for this since most interiors are waterproof and super easy to clean. With diaper bags, you can segregate the clean from the dirty ones.
Besides, any milk spill will seep to the material of ordinary bags and soon develop the nasty spoiled milk smell. Juice spills are not any better. Although they do not stink, they can leave stains, which can be quite hard to remove.
You also get insulated compartments where you can keep your baby’s milk at optimal temperatures.
Q: Why should I get a backpack-style diaper bag?
A: Backpack diaper bags are designed to spread the load most comfortably and ergonomically, so you will have a least-stressful bag carrying. Some even come with straps that allow you to strap the bag on the stroller if your back and shoulders get tired.
Q: What should I carry on my backpack diaper bag?
A: With babies, nothing is too much. However, what you should carry in your diaper bag will depend on how long the outing will be. Regardless, here is a list of some important things that you can pack:
- Baby wipes and diaper
- Diaper rash cream
- Spare clothes
- Changing pad
- Milk bottles and pacifiers
- Breast pads
- Breast pump
- Water bottles
- Toys or teethers
- Snack for older kids and your baby
- Ziploc bags
- Hand sanitizer
- Comfort blanket or swaddle
- Small first aid kit
- Burp cloths
- Nursing cover
- Small, separate pouch for personal things such as wallet, keys phone, and more.
Q: How long should the bag last?
A: Depending on the quality, you should be able to use it at least a few years. A versatile and high-quality backpack diaper bag should be able to endure regular use with your baby, and some bags can even be used to take your laptop or be taken to school as your baby grows up.
Q: I have 2 kids. What is the best diaper bag for me?
A: When you have twins or 2 babies that still depend on diapers, then picking a larger backpack diaper bag is your best option. When looking for a diaper bag, put more emphasis on large-size. With two kids, you’ll have to carry twice more. Also, some diaper bags are made specifically for twins.
In case you have a baby and a toddler, then you can opt for 2 separate bags— a backpack diaper bag for your little one and a regular backpack for big sis/bro. This is more practical since you will know which bag to open when the time comes.
Q: Can I take it on a plane?
A: Yes, you can take diaper bags on a plane as a carry-on. Diaper backpacks or messenger-style diaper bags are suitable for this, particularly if you are traveling alone with your little one, keeping your hands-free so you can carry your little one more comfortably.
Why Do You Need To Get A Backpack Diaper Bag?
A backpack diaper bag is a very handy tool for anybody who wanted to bring a baby with them almost everywhere they wanted to go. Having long contact with a baby or infant means you need to carry more diapers to keep them clean all the time. Well, it does not just end with the diapers that you need to carry because you also need to have some more things that your baby needs. Knowing all the responsibilities that you are in charge, getting and wearing a suitable diaper bag that will help you take care of your baby easier.
Why Should I Buy A Backpack Diaper Bag Rather Than A Regular Backpack?
If you think that regular backpacks are completely the same with backpack diaper bags, you are probably in complete disbelief. Well, I can’t blame you on that part as it was really tempting to just buy regular backpacks. The appearance of the two might almost be the same outside, but in fact, there are various differences that you should learn between these two. Things that you will be able to find in a backpack diaper bag can be pockets and compartments with waterproofing and insulating features. Those features are very helpful in keeping the things needed by infants and babies clean and hygienic all the time.
What Should I Need To Look For When Buying A Backpack Diaper Bag?
For you to perfectly choose the best backpack diaper bag that suits your actual needs, here are some notable things that you should look for before you buy a diaper bag. In fact, they are just very easy to look for, and you will not be exhausted, trying to differentiate them from each other. These are actually the features that are usually present on the best backpack diaper bags.
• Bag Capacity – you might want to consider the number of babies you have and the amount of time that you will spend with them, for example, on a trip. The longer the time or, the more babies you have, the bigger and larger the diaper bag. Of course, bigger and larger backpack diaper bags will be able to store and keep more things needed by your babies. But if you only have one baby with you, a smaller diaper bag can be enough for all the things that you need. All you need to consider here is how much they consume the things that you will bring with you in the bag, by that you will be able to accurately measure how much load you will put in the backpack diaper bag.
• Weight – aside from the capacity of the bag itself, you should also consider your strength capacity as well. You might be able to find some diaper bags that come with a considerable weight even without filling it with a bunch of loads, and that usually because of some physical features. If you are someone who is not that meticulous with many features as long as the bag can carry out the things needed by your baby, choosing a lightweight backpack diaper bag will surely satisfy you already. But if you can manage to carry on a bit heavier bag, then you can consider an option that comes with a load of features.
• Layout – backpack diaper bags actually come with a ton of designs that sometimes satisfy those users who are looking for a fashionable choice. Well, it really makes a difference to go on a walk with your baby while carrying a stylistic backpack that does not look like a diaper bag. The selection has a very wide range of designs that will surely fit through your own style and personality.
• Cleaning – knowing that this bag will be intended for the things of your baby, it is better to get an easy to clean choice. One of the most considerable things that you should look for in a waterproof or water-resistant full body exterior that will only require you to wipe down all the dirt on it. Remember also that easy to clean bags are better as you are not required to use fabrics and other chemicals that were harmful to babies.
• Insulation – the fact that you are going to buy a diaper bag, you should also consider a bag with insulated compartments dedicated to baby meals and milk. It does not matter if you pump milk or not, it was still the best choice to get a backpack diaper bag with insulation features.
• Pockets – if you tend to carry many things with you, then you also need many pockets and compartments for better organization. That will help you find specific content of the bag easily without stressing yourself out and spending a lot of time searching for anything. That will also keep everything neat, which a baby needed. At the end of the day, you will be able to realize that this feature was really helpful.
What Are The Things That You Need To Put Inside Your Diaper Bag And How Much Space Do You Need For Your Diaper Bag?
Well, the exact amount of ideal space that you need depends upon the situation that you are currently in. The easiest way to know the exact space you need can be determined using calculating the time that you will spend with your baby and by listing all the things that you needed to put inside the diaper bag. And it could be better if you include both your own things and your baby’s things on the list.
To be honest, there are a lot of things that can be included in your list, but to help you out, I am going to provide you the following list.
For The Baby:
- Baby wipes
- Anti-rashes cream,
- Plastic bag for used diapers
- Changing pad
- Extra clothes
- Durable plastic bag for used clothes
- Baby toys
- Burping cloth
- Sippy cup
- Cap or hat
- Car keys
- House keys
- Rubbing alcohol
- Hand sanitizer
- Water bottle
- Cap or hat
- Foldable umbrella
Some of the things that are included in the list can be optional, and if you can also add some things up because this was just a sample list to help you out on your decision. If you prefer more things compared to those that are present on my list, you can actually go for a much better and bigger diaper bag.
Otherwise, you can consider a regular size or smaller diaper bags. As you can see, there can be a lot of things that you need to bring with you when you are with your baby, that is because babies need a lot of attention, especially when going outdoors.
If you want more ideas on what to put inside your diaper bag, you can actually ask for the opinions of some more people. However, I am pretty sure that you will be able to find out most of those things that were necessary for you to put inside your backpack diaper bag.
Now that you have ideas on the number of things that you need to put inside your diaper bag, you should also be able to learn the different scenarios wherein you need a larger or smaller space.
Scenarios That Requires You A Larger Diaper Bag:
- You are going to an outdoor activity with your baby that will last for a whole day
- You have more than one baby who uses diapers
- You decided to bring a lot of necessities with you
Scenarios That Requires You A Smaller Diaper Bag:
- You only have one baby with you who use diapers
- You are only going to spend a short time outdoors with your baby
- You only have a few things to bring with you
Now that you know when to consider a larger backpack diaper bag and a smaller backpack diaper bag, it is all up to you now on to decide for the space you need on your diaper bag.
How Much For A Baby Backpack Diaper Bag?
To make this quick and short, the cost or price of a backpack diaper bag will really play a vital role in your decision on what kind of backpack diaper bag you will buy. And to make it easier for everyone to understand our point, we are going to let you know the different perspectives of backpack diaper bags in three different price ranges.
• Cheapest – these are probably backpack diaper bags around or less than a hundred dollars. If you are in a tight budget, you might need to make some sacrifice in any chance of efforts to reduce the money that you will spend. What we are saying is that cheaper diaper bags, not just backpack diaper bags alone, will more likely have lesser durability and overall quality. The good thing about this price range is that some cheap bags are still suitable for those who only nurse a single baby with them. While if you are lucky enough, you will also be able to find rare finds of cheap backpack diaper bags that can be compared to much more expensive diaper bags.
• Mid-Range – these are backpack diaper bags with a price that is a bit more than a hundred dollars. They are actually the worthiest diaper bags as you can already find durable and excellent build. Compared to the cheapest price range, middle range diaper bags usually has almost everything that you need from good storage up to benchmarking features. All you need to do is to sacrifice a bit to add a few more bucks to your budget.
• Most Expensive – this might be the price range wherein you are going to spend the most, but it is not totally the best choice. You will usually spot diaper bags that focus more on aesthetics and fashion while less in functionality and features. Although you can still find some good finds here, fashion diaper bags will be more common here. This price range often features the backpack diaper bags that sell brand and label rather than quality.
Hopefully, our price guide helped you to have an idea regarding the cost of diaper bags. Most of the time, this was accurate, just remember not all of the time. As we have said above, there might be some rare finds that you can have regardless of the price range. Just don’t expect that when you buy cheaper bags, you will be able to get an outstanding choice. Sometimes there are obvious reasons behind everything that you can buy.
Are Diaper Bags Heavy Or Light?
The answer to this question depends on the exact diaper bag that you will buy. Perhaps, consumers often forget to consider the weight of backpack diaper bags when they are empty. This might just be a simple detail, but anyone needs to consider the weight of empty backpack diaper bags. Most of the time, good quality backpack diaper bags weigh around three pounds.
The weight of a certain diaper bag can be affected by a few factors, which include the size, material used, features, and design. You should also take into consideration your physical capabilities, if you have some medical conditions that slow you down in carrying heavier diaper, then you should be careful in your choice. You should also be wise enough to decide when going on either a long trip or a short trip.
But if you are quite strong and fit enough to bring heavier loads, you can consider heavy backpack diaper bags that have a spacious capacity. This was very ideal when you have more than one baby accompanying you. You do not also need to choose deliberately between the things that you need to bring as they can all fit into a wider choice of a diaper bag.
To Wrap Up….
To be honest, having a baby comes with a lot of work and even trouble for us. Having a decent backpack diaper bag that will at least help us with carrying their things on any busy trip can provide us a lot of conveniences.
Backpack diaper bags are a great thing to have compared to other kinds of diaper bags as you can carry them on your back, held them like other conventional tote bags, and even attach them to your baby’s stroller.
The ease that it brings you matters a lot because it lessens the work needed to nurse your baby, and it even saves time for us to enjoy our trip rather than being stressed out figuring out how to fix the mess inside the diaper bag.
All of us has different taste when it comes to choosing the best backpack diaper bag, but regardless all the differences there are still common factors that affect our choices such as the price, quality, feature, and space.